Thursday, July 26, 2012

Empty Your Mind

Rock climbing is about stripping away the complexities of the day to day and focusing on the simple joy of moving against gravity. It’s pulling with your arms. Pushing with your legs. It’s moving fast and light, diving headlong into a challenge, rather than backing away. It’s finesse and strength, technique and skill. And when all the hoopla and preconceptions are removed it’s about having fun. Pure and Simple.




Way too much on my mind recently, on top of that work is stressful and things I had completely forgotten have resurfaced in my brain. I've always had an active mind, I think in general it's a great thing, however it's now trying to take it's toll on me between the stress and the lack of sleep. Something must be done about it, going to have to get a bit creative about it this time. If nothing else I can use it as motivation to keep working out, maybe if I step it up I'll exhaust myself into sleeping!

Alright, back to boring workout stuffs. Nia Shanks yet again came up with an awesome list (or maybe she got it from somewhere else, honestly I don't remember) that needs to be up front on my mind instead of all the other crap. I like to think of it to the tune of that song "Sunscreen" (which also reminds me, no matter what a stripper tells you, there is no sex in the champagne room)

1. Lift Heavy Stuff One of my favorites, still in double digits but those triples are coming up very soon

2. If you're going to do conditioning, do real conditioning While I understand the concept, dear lord do I hate running. I keep getting told that there is a sweet spot in there somewhere, one can only hope

3. Train for Performance Running into my old climbing coach reminded me of my skill, being graceful, so I'm training towards that end and I am seeing some improvements. Still need to jump a bit though :/

4. Squat Sure thing

5. Deadlift Why not?

6. Dominate your Bodyweight One of my proudest items, I can always do at least 1 pull up, non-girl pushups, etc. That and I climb all the time if that doesn't dominate my body weight nothing will!

7. Be the Best You Possible This one I struggle with... so...um.. yeah, it's on the list

8. You're Never too Good for the Basics Well I'm at the basics, so this one is a bit moot

9. Work that Booty Been told I have a nice ass... ;)

10. Get Off the Scale With pleasure

Alright, there are 20 more, not interested in listing them all out tonight, and I'm sure it would bore anyone bothering to read this. So I'll bore you another day. Until then I'll try and see if I can actually get to sleep tonight. If not...it's going to be a long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment