Monday, July 23, 2012

Home Again, Home Again

I read an article once that said that you shouldn't take a vacation at the end of the project, you should do it before the end when you need it most. Though I didn't have that in mind, it's kinda what I did. Work is getting a bit crazy and I'm looking at a lot of hard work and potentially long hours. With that in mind I jetted off for the weekend to visit some friends for their first annual pig roast!


This event was the roasting of a 62lb pig in a china box. Basically you place the pig in a box, put the coals on top, seal it up and let it roast for 4+ hours. Makes a convection oven, super awesome. The pig came out wonderful, crisp skin, tender meat. Wonderful.


In addition to the pig there was a fully stocked bar, giant jenga, and cornhole (to which I became part of an undefeated team, right combination of witty banter and booze I hit the sweet spot of the bell curve)


All in all, it was a great trip. Now I can get back to the grind stone of work and exercise. Yard work too. Fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment